Thank you very much for accepting our invitation for a short interview.
We are pleased to know a bit more about your Erasmus + experience in Córdoba (Spain), as it will be a motivational example for other young learners.
- First of all, tell us some brief information about you. Where do you live and work at the moment, where are you from and how old are you?
I am 19 years old and live in Norrköping Sweden. Right now I work as a Hairdresser/Hairstylist at The Bearded Lady in Norrköping Sweden.
- What determined you to take part in an Erasmus + project to do an internship abroad?
I wanted to learn how it feels to work abroad with different people but also to learn new knowledge about for example the country and how to work at my internship place is like.
- Tell us about your training experience as a hairdresser student in Spain.
My training experience as a hairdresser student in Spain was really fun and full of knowledge. I learned many new things such as to always trust myself and my skills. I also learned many things about the culture in Spain and it was a wonderful experience.
- Did you face any challenges during your Erasmus placement? How did you overcome them?
I absolutely faced some challenges, for example when I had to speak Spanish because not many people could speak English and that was a problem because I am not so fluent in Spanish. But I could overcome them by using body langue and my phone.
- Do you think this experience has helped you professionally?
Of course this experience has helped me professionally. Because of this experience I learned more of the Spanish language and the culture. I also learned more about how it is like to work as a hairdresser or hairstylist in a foreign country which is absolutely amazing.
- According to you, what are the best things about doing an Erasmus placement abroad?
The best things about doing an Erasmus placement abroad is that you learn many new things about the country and its people, your internship work place and the language.
- What would you advise to fellow students thinking about applying for an Erasmus placement?
First of all, work hard at your internship work place, second of all, study Spanish and English so that you are ready to speak without any problems. And finally don’t forget to have fun.