Cookies are a tool used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors or users. It is nothing more than a text file that some servers install during navigation and that allows to know information such as: the place of access, the connection time, the device from which it accesses (fixed or mobile), the system operating and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks made and data regarding user behavior on the Internet. They do not provide references that allow to deduce the user’s first and last name and can’t read data from the hard drive or include viruses on computers. It is also not possible to read the cookies implanted on the user’s hard drive from other servers.
Why are they so important?
The website is accessible without the need for cookies to be activated, although its deactivation may prevent its correct functioning.
From a technical point of view, cookies allow websites to function more agile and adapted to the preferences of users, such as storing the language, the currency of the country or detecting the access device.
They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyber attacks against the website or its users.
They allow media managers to know statistical data collected to improve the quality and experience of their services.
They serve to optimize the advertising showed to users, offering the one that best suits their interests.
The user can configure teh browser to reject all cookies by default or to receive a warning on the screen of the reception of each cookie and decide whether to install it or not on the hard drive.
This acceptance may be revoked through the content and privacy configuration options available therein. The Owner recommends its users to consult the help of their browser or to access the help web pages of the main browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome. If you want more information about how to revoke the consent given or about the procedure to disable cookies, as well as ask any questions about the Cookies Policy, you can contact the owner through the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org indicating «Cookies Policy» in the subject.
Types of Cookies used on the Web
The user who browses the Web can find cookies inserted directly by the owner or cookies inserted by other entities different from the owner, as detailed in the following sections:
- Session cookies, expire when the user leaves the page or closes the browser, that is, they are active for the duration of the visit to the website and are therefore deleted from our computer upon leaving it.
- Permanent cookies, expire when the purpose for which they serve is met or when they are manually deleted, have a deletion date and are normally used in the online purchase process, personalization or in the registry, so that you do not have to enter a password constantly.
Depending on the entity that manages the computer or the domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish between own cookies and third party cookies.
- Own cookies are those cookies that are sent to the user’s computer and are managed exclusively by us for the best functioning of the Website. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your experience as a user.
- Third-party cookies, when the user interacts with the content of our website, third-party cookies can also be set (for example, by clicking on social media buttons or viewing videos hosted on another website), which are those established by a different domain of our Website. We can’t access the data stored in the cookies of other websites when you browse the aforementioned websites.
Navigating through this web portal means that the following types of Cookies can be installed:
|Type of Cookie||Description||Use examples|
|Performance cookies||These cookies are used to improve your browsing experience and optimize the operation of our websites. They store services configurations so you do not have to reconfigure them every time you visit us.
|– volume settings of video or sound players.
– optimal video transmission speeds.
– Stores the purchase made in a shopping cart in the e-commerce services
|These cookies are used to store geolocation data of the computer or devices to offer you more adequate contents and services.
|– contents adjusted to the country, city, language, etc.|
|Registration cookies||Registration cookies are created when you register or when you log in to one of our web portals.
|– You can remain authenticated even if you close the browser, so when you return you will still be identified unless you log out or close the session.- to access certain areas of our web portals, for example to participate in a contest.|
|Analytical cookies||These cookies collect information from your browsing experience on our web portals in a totally anonymous way.||– we can count the number of visitors to the page or the most viewed contents.- we can know if the user who is accessing is new or repeat visit.- That information can help us improve navigation and give you a better service.|
|Advertising cookies||these cookies collect information about the advertisements shown to each anonymous user in the web portals.||– Adapt advertising to the type of device from which the user is connecting.- Providing managed ads through third parties («ad-servers») that are displayed on the page in real time.|